This oh so chunky and lush blanket utilizes one of my new favorite techniques in crochet. Surface crochet, which I recently featured on my blog at TheSnugglery.net, is a way to add slip stitches to one side of your work after you've finished a project.
I wanted to introduce a pattern that really showed how useful the technique could be. With surface crochet and the camel stitch, I was able to create this pattern for a crochet chunky blanket that looks just like a "knit two purl two" ribbed blanket, all done with crochet!
In this digital PDF download, you will receive two files containing:
- -A full color, dynamic PDF with clickable helpful links
- -A list of required materials, finished project stats and helpful links
- -Photo tutorials of how to perform the camel stitch and surface crochet
- -A step by step written pattern on how to craft the base of the blanket
- -A diagram of how to complete the surface crochet over top of the blanket
All you need to get started is about 700 yards of super bulky yarn and a 12mm to 15mm crochet hook!
There is no shipping charge for this item as it is a PDF file and will be sent out within 24 hours of payment. If you don't receive it within 24 hours, please, contact me
Super Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern - Ribbed Crochet Blanket
The pattern file itself and images contained therin are copyright The Snugglery 2018, all rights reserved.